Saturday, November 22, 2008

Someone's Sweetheart.

This is something I have really come to appreciate more lately.

The people we know, and even the people we don't, someone cares about them. Every single person who has ever lived has someone who wants them to be happy and loves them. How would we feel if our someone got flipped off, or insulted, or even cut off? We want the best for the people we love. And everyone, everyone. has someone who loves them. They may not be in their life right now, but someone, somewhere, loves them and wants someone to look after them, to keep them safe.
How will that person feel, knowing that you or I hurt their whole world? Knowing you made them shed even one tear, the person they only want to have smiles and sunshine in their life? Maybe it was unintentional, maybe it was just that you overcharged them, or swore at them, or just picked a fight. But you effect the lives of everyone around you.

I think that's just something we need to remember, especially me... Every person you know has someone who loves them and cares about them. So let's just treat them like they were our someone, or their someone is our someone.
Kay?

Other Adventures With The Word Sweetheart.

At 1776 with Alex, an old gentleman named Barry came up to me and told me I looked just like his high school sweetheart. The exact same hair color, cut, and same facial structure. I was so flattered! He was so excited, I think, to see someone who reminded him of someone so dear to him.
That really made me wonder... This man had to be at least in his 50's, possibly older. And he still fondly remembered the girl who had his heart in high school. I'm assuming it ended well, as he was so happy to remember her. Who will remember me from high school? Who, decades from now, will smile when they see someone who reminds them of me? Or even care to recognize a resemblance? I'm afraid I've already slammed one door shut, I'm pretty sure they'll just flinch. But is there hope for others? People who will be pleased to reminisce about good times? People I'll run into, we'll stop for drinks, and just enjoy each other's company?
Sweetheart is still my favorite word. Though lately I'm partial to the Spanish translation, querida. I simply love it. Sweetheart, dearest, love. I'm a sucker for petnames. =]


la lang...hehe Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

kathickers said...

I LOVE querida too! Ever since I first saw West Side Story...

Kara said...

Honeyy thats so cute:] I'm glad you liked 1776.
I love you, and miss you, and want this break that hasn't even started to be over because I haven't seen you in 3 days already and I'm about to die.
:p I hope you have fun, I love youuu!
<3

Tara Victoria said...

Aww this post is amazing. Definitely made me smile. =)