Monday, February 16, 2009

There Are No Words.

This last weekend has been such an incredible healing experience.
I truly cannot put into words how good it has been for me. But I can tell you everything that happened, and I can show you the 300 odd pictures we took. :]

Around two on Friday, Amy got to my place and we started the 3 hour drive to Jerome, up switchbacks and at the very tip top of a mountain. It, literally, it at the top of the world. It was twisty, turny, and all around stomach turning... But so incredibly worth it. We finally started seeing little... Cottages, almost, brightly colored, and old fashioned cars, and people with dreadlocks that looked like they had taken a wrong turn at Woodstock, and Shay knew she had found her Nirvana.
We found our bed and breakfast, The Surgeon's House. The story is that back in the day, the 1800's, there was a hospital and something happened and now it's all haunted, well this is the doctor's house. But it was the farthest thing from pristine or surgical. The owner, Andrea, greeted us with big hugs and showed us around her beautiful house, and made sure we knew that Mother Earth was looking after all her fishes, and that fairies lived in the gardens.
I have never known something to be truer.
That night we ate dinner at the Haunted Hamburger and got -what else?- daiquiris. Then we went into Amy's room, and did a cute little photo shoot in some of the hold decorations, nightgowns and such, and just stayed up and giggled. It was silly and wonderful... Exactly what the doctor ordered. I know it sounds silly, but somehow, being up there at the top of that mountain, waking up to a wall painted like the sea, eating a fantastic [all vegetarian] breakfast, and being there with Miss Amy, who is one of the coolest, least judgemental people I know... I felt so safe. Like nothing could reach me, no heartache or stress or pain could find me here in this purple room overlooking a fairy garden.
Next day we shopped around Jerome, which was absolutely a blast. My favorite part was the House of Joy... An old whorehouse converted into a cute little shop, where I bought these totally cool 1950's cat eye sunglasses.

Samthecomputer is being lame, so I'm gonna have to cut short this one... But Jerome: Part Duex is coming very son to a blogspot near you!

1 comment:

Sam McDowell said...

I'm jealous

its just my new name now

because thats what I constantly am.