Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Challenge... Please Let Me Know?

I'm writing my Academic Decathalon speech on now the Internet and social networking sites have kind of destroyed the social skills of today's youth. I don't know very many people who would rather talk face to face than IM or text, and my speech is on how that is deteriorating our culture, our interpersonal skills.

So my challenge for myself is to not get on any Internet starting Monday, September 15th until... Oh, probably Sunday, the 21st. I want to see how it affects my life, if at all, and document in what ways. No email, no Myspace, no Facebook, no blogging. I think I can do it. =]

If anyone else is interested in joining me, I'd love to see how it affects people with different social structures.

Or if you'd even just like to give me your opinion on the topic I'd appreciate it... I want to get a full view point here.

Thanks a bunch! Talk to you next Monday!
-Cass

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're spot on with how the Internet is cataclysmically smashing the societal interactions of our culture. I can talk to anyone at any time, but when we can use technology, who has room for actual speech? Without the Internet, we wouldn't have the opportunity to get over losing people through time and distance, we can just email em. So many examples and so little comment space.

kathickers said...

Hey, babe, when you get back, I changed my blog address. 'm now at http://wiredtoyou.blogspot.com.

*hugs*