Saturday, January 3, 2009

This Must Be It, Welcome To The New Year...

So, I don't know about you all, but New Cassidi is confusing the heck out of me. :]
Change is hard, especially when you're the one doing the changing.
I think I like new Cass, but I'm still in the process of getting to know her.
I'm quieter, that's for sure.
I cares more in a lot of ways, and less in others.
I'm mostly more independent, in the sense that I'm willing to let go of lots of things. [She's not sure how she feels about this yet.]
I want to try harder to be a better person, like to work harder, be more... Accomplished? I started playing the piano again, and reading.
I'm more content to take a supporting role in groups, I don't feel the need to be the center of attention all the time. I think this means I'm less insecure, ya know? Like, I don't need to be constantly reminded that I'm good.
I play by the rules... For the most part. ;)

So many things are happening that make this all seem... Surreal, almost. I can't tell you exactly when everything started happening... I guess when things all fell apart, they had to put themselves back together, and this just happens to be the way things are rebuilding themselves.
I'm way unsettled tonight, sorry if it sounds like just a downer post... I just need to get back home, and need to try to work a lot of things out. In the last couple of days a few things have happened that need to be taken care of. I need to get over my confrontational issues and just go for it, right?

Haylee keeps saying that the only thing to be afraid of is being too afraid of doing anything at all. Well, that's true I'm sure, but sometimes it's so hard to not just put things neatly away in mental drawers and shut them, to put things away for later... Let them fester until it's too much to handle. I really should be better at that, at not being in denial.
But seriously, what do I have to be in denial about? No one has to tell me I have a pretty fantastic life. Sure, I have problems, but who doesn't? For every single problem I have, I personally know someone else who's got a similar problem, only worse. Well, almost every problem.
Blah. Now I'm just ranting about silly things.
I feel unsettled.
And I don't like going to sleep without a little bit of sugar before bed. ;D

But oh well, right? I'll have to deal with reality soon enough, I might as well enjoy my last day of break, right?

I'm in the valley, and I just saw Lion King! That was AMAZING. The costumes, the actors, the dances... I will never look at 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' the same. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them, probably when I get home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just knew you would love Lion King. It was incredible, wasn't it?