Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I Hate The Term "BFF"








If you told me I would have to pick one of these people and lose the rest in my life, I would probably blow my brains out.
"Best" friend implies that there's someone in your life that is more important than everyone else, someone who you would sacrifice everyone else in your life for, no questions asked. Well, sorry kids, but I can't deal with that.
Best friend is to desperately over used. Every friend you have HAS to be your BEST friend, or they're not worth being friends at all.
Maybe I'm just bitter about this term, since every relationship I've had lately worth having has been branded with it and then trashed by it. Some of them I've been lucky enough to recover, but seriously? "Sorry, so-and-so is my best friend, we're leaving you out." "Oh, you're definitely the best friend. Sorry I can't offer more, but that's a great role to say you have, right?"
It's trash. And for me to say "Miss, you are my BEST friend, and I will put you before everyone else in my life"... I'd just be lying. I honestly can't say there's a single person in my life that I would put before every other living person. Except possibly:



I kid.
But truly, I hate the very connotation that phrase has anymore. I hate that people think every single friend you have has to be your 'best friend'. I hate that if someone thinks they're not someone else's 'best friend' that the other person doesn't love them.
Sorry kids, and I know this is dumb coming from me, but grow up.
It doesn't matter if they say they're your best friend or not, they're all going to just leave you in the end anyways.

4 comments:

Kara said...

you're my favorite person.
thank you for clarifying that.
i hate this.
i love you.

you can shoot me now.
<3
go read my newest blog. <3

Tara Victoria said...

I struggle a lot with the term "best" friend too.
Good to know we'll just be Best Facebok Friends and Snail Mail Pals! =)

kathickers said...

No, seriously. If Jensen Ackles asks you to, you had darn well better drop everyone else in your life for him!

kathickers said...

Oh, yeah, and I forgot. I hate pictures of me!!! STOP! :)