Monday, October 6, 2008

I Would Not Talk So Much About Myself If There Were Another I Knew Half As Well.

Everyone else and their mama is doing one of these, so I figured I'd join in the rage.
Here are the first twenty five out of one hundred random/obvious/little known facts about me. No particular order. Enjoy!

1) My middle name isn't really Marie. But only Tucker, Ben, and Ms. Abel know what it really is. And yes, it is that bad.

2) I'm naturally a blonde... I think. My hair cut/color changes every time something bad happens in my life, or if I think something bad is going to happen. I'm going black or dark, dark brown next.

3) I don't like ice cream. I seriously don't. I don't know why, I was just eating it one day and realized I thought it was disgusting. Weird, huh?

4) I'm a blogging FANATIC. I probably blog once a day... Someone once told me it was my patheic excuse for a social life. I. Don't. Care. I blog for posterity... I want to print them all out and make a book so when my teenage daughter says 'you don't know what it feels like!' I can say 'Wanna bet?' And shazam. There's my whole day to day, boring, enchanted life.

5) I'm a book lover, harcore. I went through a two week streak a while back when I finished an entire book a day, and I'm not talking about the 'see spot run' books, neither. Some of my favorites include Gone With The Wind, Atlas Shrugged, the Psalms, The Great Gatsby, and probably my number one favorite is Wuthering Heights. Stupid Jane Austen... The Bronte Sisters are where it's at!

6) My room is a total mess, but my closet is completely color coordinated, going from whites, to lights, to darks with all my dresses and shirts. Totally OCD about it... I never let anyone else put my clothes away. Also, I have a compulsion with cards... I HAVE to put them in ascending order from duce of clubs to ace of hearts. It just about kills me when there's a card missing and I can't keep lining them up!

7) I'm a social networking junkie. I lurrrve picture comments, and wall posts... I guess I just like people to build my self esteem. [What was that, Ms. Abel? "Issues. I has them."] Which reminds me...

8) I am a TOTAL grammar Nazi. It annoys me to no end when people use improper English, and caps are part of that. Sure, I've been through my mIsmAtchEd CaPS phase, and my ALL CAPS phase, but now it's just sooo obnoxious. Seriously, kids... You're in high school/college/real life. Start typing like it.

9) I define my life through music. Lyrics, and just songs are the best way to express yourself in my opinion. Chances are, no matter what you're feeling, someone somewhere has felt it and written a song about it.

10) I'm a camera junkie. Pictures, pictures, pictures... I want to be a photographer. [But that's just because I don't think I'm thin or pretty enough to be a model.] I love capturing moments, so I can be sure that I'm not the only one who remembers them... And you can't ever be an unperson when there are, like, five hundred pictures of you on the internet. =]

11) I am terrified of talking on the phone. It seriously frightens me more than almost anything. My dad recently tried to have me make calls for his new program, and by call #10 I was having a full out panic attack, hyperventilating and sobbing. I know it's totally irrational, but it's terrible for me.

12) I had an eating disorder when I was younger. From the beginning of 8th grade until the middle of freshman year, I dropped almost 60 pounds. It's still affecting me now, even though I've gained some of it back.

13) My very best friend outside of my family is Kathy Abel, my twenty-something year old Academic Decathlon coach. She's pulled me through more the last couple of years, and I've put her through more than any teacher should ever have to go through. I'll always love her, more than Jared loves Jensen. In a not gay way, though.

14) I'm a major sucker for curly hair. Probably because mine is stick straight, but I'd kill for it. I'm a big fan of boys with curly hair.

15) Also a fan of boys named Tucker Bingham, and have been for almost three years. Which is weird, especially since we're both so freakin awful for each other, but he's my high school sweetheart, and the reason for most of the growth [good and bad] in my life. He'll always have the biggest part of my heart.

16) I love movies. Love 'em, love 'em. I don't watch rated R movies, though, and that's mostly my decision. Because, seriously, life is scary without all the gore and sex and stuff. [Not that sex is scary, necessarily, or that I'd know... Know what? I'm gonna just stop there.] But my favorite movies include: Gone With The Wind, Spaceballs, and Enchanted. [Weird combos, huh?]

17) I'm a vegetarian. I have been since I was eight years old, with very few relapses, and none that lasted more than two meals. No, it doesn't bother me when other people eat meat or anything. It does bother me when people decide not to eat meat for stupid reasons. I think it's insulting to people who are actually trying to make a difference, even if I'm not one of them. [Sometimes I like to pretend I'm doing it for the animals, but truth is it's just been so long since I've eaten meat, if I try my body can't digest it right and I get violently ill.

18) Vintage is WHERE IT'S AT. I adore anything vintage-y or old fashioned... I'm in love with old style sundresses right now, and jazz music.

19) I am a huge believer in Karma. I believe what you do to people, and creatures, and the environment will is reflected, maybe not immediately, but ultimately in your, aura, shall we put it? Countenance. I don't think that believing in karma in any way disagrees with my being a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in anyway... They both have the same teachings in a way, just different names for it. Some people say good karma, some people call it building your mansion in heaven. =]

20) I am LDS. I'm a strong believer in the teachings of my church, but I'm also a firm believer in the saying 'The church is true, the people are not'. I sometimes have a problem with separating the two, but honestly? We're all human. We're all trying to do the right thing in life, even if it's for different reasons. I don't in any way, shape, or form, condemn or look down on other people for not believing the same as me. Tolerance and love is my goal.

21) I love learning about new religions, and belief systems, and people's psychology. That's what I want to study in college. And I will always be willing to be open minded and hear and discuss anyone's opinions or beliefs about anything. The only thing that bothers me about people's beliefs is when they can't back them up themselves; You can believe in Scientology if you want, but you sure as heck should have your own reasons, not just believe because your parents or Tom Cruise believe it.

22) I'm an emotional retard. We might as well just put it right out there... I'm pretty smart in every other area, but I make some pretty awful relationship decisions. Possibly because...

23) I'm loyal to a fault. Once I get attatched, or as someone once told me, "Glomp onto somebody", it's the hardest thing for me to let go. Because of this, I end up hurting perfectly nice people for reasons I can't explain any other way than "Yeah, I'm still in love with the... Yeah, I know. I think it's dumb, too." But honestly... Sometimes it's a good thing.

24) I could never ever swallow pills until last summer, when my parents took me to a psychologist who told me it was all in my head, and now I can totally do it.

25) It was really, really hard for me to come up with 25 interesting things about me. And I think that's a little scary.

2 comments:

Tara Victoria said...

You did an amazing job at compiling those 25 things, I think!!!
That is so funny about the swallowing pills thing.. I couldn't do it until I was 15 or 16 either! Come to find out, it's easier to swallow pills when you drink through a straw! That's the only way I could do it...
Anyway, I learned some interesting things about you and I liked this lots! :)
<3 Tara

DR Gunderson Family said...

Wow! That's awesome Cass! I may just have to follow the fad and send a few interesting facts about my life into the universe too :)BTW I wish I was as avid a blogger as you, like you said, for posterity.