Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...

That somehow ended up going so right. :]

School was somewhat awful... Srsly, I don't know when it was announced behind my back that all of the sudden everyone would be totally dumb today-
Oh, that's right.
The minute they announced that RETARDED abomination of a theatrical production would go on.
That's gonna put me in a real dandy mood.
But obviously, the entire dang drama department made it abundantly clear that if you're not currently involved, you should have no say whatsoever, no matter how much experience or how good of ideas you have.
But that's the bitter old hag in me digressing...
Aside from that, my chemistry class just plain sucks. Also, the new lunch crew... Where did they come from? Remember when it used to be the cool kids were in Ms. Abel's? The freakin good old times! ;]



I was tardy [by thirty seconds!!] to Photo third hour, so Tea and I just ditched [shhh... Don't tell!] and went shopping and spilling our guts in a car wash. I've decided those are the coolest places on Earth, by the way... I want to make out in one!
Photo, Fredley's, mostly uneventful...
Except for a really good talk with Shay. She gave me this jewel of a piece of advice:
Let it in.
Let it stay.
Let it go.


It's amazing, no? Deep, in a way that you could completely overlook if you tried hard enough. They are simple words, but words to be pondered in a moment of turmoil, or hurt, or simply sitting and breathing.

Also, here's another quote from Lamb that I would very much like to incorporate in my life:

When you sit, sit.
When you breathe, breathe.
When you work, work.
When you play, play.


Thoughts, anyone?


Anyways, after a completely despondent day, Ben and I went on an AWESOME adventure, that included- but was not limited to- breaking into [kind of] a one room schoolhouse from 1900, splashing in puddles [albeit in a car], finding a Polaroid camera, NOT driving when the road is flooded, and tailgating [right word?] Ms. Abel, and Mrs. Lewis.
All around, charming.

Then my darling little Lillith bought me an Icee! As if the day needed to get better, let's pump sugar into me and then send me to Ms. Abel's to...

WATCH SUPERNATURAL!
Ugh. It was NOT, in fact, the Trickster.
It was a lame filler, and we are not pleased, precious.
But I loved hanging out with my beffie... Who wouldn't?

Anyways... It was a day that was made good.
I would like to get better at making good on my own, ya know? Perception is 90% of life.
Or, as an old man far wiser than me says,
"There is nothing good or bad, only thinking makes it so."

2 comments:

Kara said...

Hey, guess what? I miss you.
So much it breaks my heart.
Oh cass, what happened?

I love you.

Wade said...

When you quoted Lamb, are you quoting the book Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal? Because as much as I appreciate that book, I wouldn't have thought it was your style...

Your day doesn't sound too bad at all! You are doing well in the wind down process!

Much love,
-Wade