Tuesday, April 21, 2009

She was a smart girl, until she fell in love.


Let's pretend we're artists and everything we feel is something new to be proud of. Let's take our imaginary friends on a double date and ditch them in a movie and hope they get along while we kiss outside on the sidewalk. Let's take the dreams you mumbled in your sleep and paint a child's nursery. And if we don't finish today, we've always got tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I don't have much to say... Except that I graduate one month from today. CANNOT FREAKING WAIT. I am so ready to be out of this high schol, away from all the freaking drama, and get into good. I need some good. While I like being the stable one for once-- hey, it's a new experience, being the go-to because I'm not buckets of crazy-- but I miss being part of something. I know it's dumb to want to be in a relationship the last, what, four weeks of high school, but...




And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter— they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long.
-Sylvia Plath

I’m lost and looking for the sky, for moving parts and a place that doesn’t rust. For wheels that burn and a world that turns. For a road that phantom cars still drive down while lovers long lost feel wind that’s blown too long in silver hair. You are the only map I know.


This is what scares me:


I'm scared of losing my nerve, of wanting to stay. Of letting my reasons to stay keep me from my reasons to leave:


Stay:
Ms. Abel.
Family.
Scared.
Stability.
Mom.
Friends.


Leave:
Get out of here, and never have to come back.

1 comment:

kathickers said...

When Thom Wolfe said "You can't go home again" he only meant that the places we want to go home to don't exist anymore because we have changed, and they have not been frozen in a vacuum while we were away. We never know where the wind will take us, and just because you leave for now doesn't mean you have to leave forever. You need to get out and see the world for as long as you need to. And the people that love you will keep on loving you. You've got to leave the nest so you can fly, cupcake.