Tuesday, June 17, 2008

from back in the day...

when i was on the bus, driving cross country, i amused myself by writing haiku's. officially i am converted to them. :\

dead trees and no grass
nothing but death and beauty
there we found our place

eternal weakness
again and again, the dance
i could never go

earsplitting silence
my world at your fingertips
but crushed with one look

we saw it coming
you never cried quietly
mostly i just laughed

could this be my change
to break your lifesaving chains
would i have the guts?

the tick tock, tick tock
i swear it's moving backwards
you make time so slow.

this seems so surreal
i measure time in hair growth
drag me back to life

and my crowning glory...

sturgesaurus gav
he will never know my name
distrations are great!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like em all. Haikus are great ways to express yourself. Limiting yourself is the greatest artistic tool given to us by ourselves. Without limitations, we are free to do whatever we want. Chaos is not avid in the art world. It's order and creation.

kimberly anne said...

cassidi, you rock
I wish I could write haikus
as good as you do!

<3

collegegirl19 said...

Rachelle likes! You are pretty much brilliant and clever and creative and not to mention BEAUTIUFUL! I love you!

Cassidi Marie said...

haha... kim i totally just got that. now, what, three months later??

you and that subtle wicked web of yours. =]

-cass