Monday, January 7, 2008

What are Men to Rocks & Mountians?

For the record, i don't like jane austen.
i just don't.
it's nothing personal, i just don't find her literature as invigorating as the brontes. but leave it to my grandmother... she bought me a book about jane austen for christmas. and there's this quote from persuasion... it's about the difference between men and women when it comes to love. Anne Eliot says:
"I believe you the equal to every important exertion, and to every domestic forbearance, so long as- if i may be allowed the expression, so long as you have an object. i mean, while the woman you love lives, and lives for you. all the privilege i claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one, you need not covet it) is that of loving the longest, when existence or when hope is gone."
i dunno. guess i'm just down with that idea.
anyways. song of the week: comfortable, by john mayer. it totally fits those moments when you remember something about a past relationship, or a moment that comes to your thoughts when you least need it there... like when you're trying to start something with someone new, and then you have those flashbacks... it's always at the worst times, too...
I just remembered, that time at the market,
snuck up behind me and jumped on my shopping cart
And rode down, aisle 5
you looked behind you to smile back at me, crashed into a rack full of magazines
they asked us if we could leave.

Can't remember, what went wrong last September
Though I'm sure that you'd remind me, if you had to

Our love was, comfortable and so broken in

I sleep with this new girl i'm still getting used to
my friends all approve, say she's gonna be good for you
they throw me, high fives

She says the bible is all that she reads and prefers that I not use profanity
[your mouth was, so dirty]

Life of the party, and she swears that she's artsy
but you could distinguish Miles from Coltrane

Our love was, comfortable and so broken in
she's perfect, so flawless or so they say, say

She thinks I can't see the smile that she's fakin'
and poses for pictures that aren't being taken
[I loved you, grey sweat pants, no makeup, so perfect]

Our love was, comfortable and so broken in
she's perfect, so flawless... I'm not impressed.
I want you back.

anyway, song of the week. like i said. i'll be putting one up... well, weekly. just a song that fits my mood and stuff that's happened in the week.

no school today. whoo.
FALSE.

1 comment:

collegegirl19 said...

Yay Cass! Welcome to Blog World! Now read mine cuz i'm not emailing it to you anymore! Rock on I love you!