Friday, May 22, 2009

Give Yourself Away, Feel The Wind Blow...

I am done with high school... And don'tcha come back no more, no more.
It's just so surreal at this point, I guess things aren't sinking in. I'm never going to see some of my friends again.
I'm sure I'll be upset, when it really does sink in, but honestly? The people who I would miss the very most, well they're not going anywhere. I'm keeping them in my life. The rest of the people, even the ones that I thought I'd keep with me, well... The fact that they're not still around tells me everything I need to know.
I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, teaching something we must learn and we are drawn to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return.
It's true. The other day I was thinking about what would've happened if my parents had given into my fits and not made me move here. My life, and the lives of the people I know now, and knew then, would be so drastically different.

As I look back over my high school experiences, I can't say with any definitiveness whether any single event was good or bad. Hindsight is twenty twenty, and everything has helped mold me into who I am today. Whether it was pressure pushing me on all sides, forcing me to change shape, or parts of me I wanted in place being shaved off, or simply the growing pains that everyone experiences, what I've come to realize is I don't know anything. And because I don't know anything, I have everything to learn. And I am now in a position to learn everything... [but not in a weird Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull kind of way] with nothing but the wind to my back, and my learning experiences to push me forward in directions that I should go.



In other news, I wish that graduating from high school was a get out of jail free card to emotional maturity. But I guess that comes with time, and moving the heck away from here.


2 comments:

collegegirl19 said...

Hi Honey! I'm way proud of you! I know you will go far in whatever you do! And I like what you said in your blog. Its so true that people come into our lives to help mold our character. I've learned that even at college! And you have so much ahead of you to learn so welcome to a new exciting life!
Love you girl!

kathickers said...

I love you so much. You're my HERO. :D <3 :D <3 :D <3 :D <3