Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Growing Pains.



I dunno what it is about this week/month, but it seems that change is just bursting at the seams.

- I've been watching Phantom of the Opera the last couple of days; I checked it out of the library. This makes me feel like an awful drama kid, but I think I might be changing from Team Phantom to *gulp, don't hit me* Team Roul.
First off, I'd just like to say that I think Christine is the MOST overrated character on Broadway. Am I the only one who's realized that she's completely INSANE?!? I mean yeah, she's got the voice of an angel [no pun intended] but seriously? She hears a creepy old guy voice when she's praying and nah, she doesn't freak out, she FALLS IN LOVE WITH IT. And Phantom... He will forever hold a place in my heart, but he would've only dragged her down into the depths of his dark despair.

-Eleven weeks exactly. Until I am done with high school forever.
Don't ask me how I feel about it, because as excited as I am to just be finished with all the STUPID DRAMA, and people, and everything... This is all I've really known, ya know? When it actually comes and is over with, I'm sure I'll wonder what I was afraid of, but for now... gulp.

- This song
is the reason I first wanted to go to Galway, and now I go and find out it's basically Ireland's version of Jerome. Can this please just be my heaven?

-My goal for this trip is to meet and kiss an Irish boy.
I'm pretty psyched about that... Even if it's just a waiter on the cheek or something, I want very much to get some international action. ;]

- For those of you who haven't heard, my little dog Sammy died on Saturday. We're all pretty upset about it... We loved him alot. We got him when I was a freshman, and it's so weird not having him around. Obviously, I was pretty attached. But everything happens for a reason, right? Everything happens for a reason.

-It's really hitting senior crunch time. On Friday [oh yeah, that would be day after tomorrow] I have:
Senior research project due.
Ireland essay for my parents due.
Photos printed, matted and submitted for NPC photography contest due.
Ask me again how much of that I have done?
Oh, I'm such a procrastinator. I get a thrill off the deadlines, I know.

-
In preparation for this trip, we are all waking up at 5 AM this week, and FOUR STINKIN AM so the jet lag won't be as bad when we get there, which is a good thing.
At the same time... IT'S FREAKIN FIVE O'CLOCK. So if Cupcake falls asleep during class... Blame the Irish. :D

-Speaking of, apparently some kids in my English class have resurrected that nickname? Of course, they definitely don't do the full name Ms. Abel gave me [cupcakebutterflyrainbowsunshinebaby] but I still think it's adorable. Something about pet names just makes my heart smile.

-And while we're on the topic of heart smiles... :]


Night, all.

2 comments:

kathickers said...

OF COURSE you should be on Team Raoul! And yeah, Christine's got nothing on Meg (she was always my favorite).

collegegirl19 said...

Cassidi what the! heck?! We are changing personalities! You know I love Raoul! Always have. Next your going to say that you like Edward...muahaha! jk...I hope you get to kiss an Irish boy! Bring me something good-even if its pictures of ANY gorgeous guys you see for me!
Love you tons!