Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Most Remarkable Thing About You Standing In The Doorway Is That It's You, And You're Standing In The Doorway.

This has been running through my head for about a week now.
I don't know why, maybe because of the essay on a relationship I'm writing, that really made me think about the way I think about people. [How's that for circular reasoning?]
I've been thinking about how real that is. I mean, it sounds like nonsense, but it's not!
It's you.
You are an amazing person, a person worth reckoning. YOU are remarkable.

And you're standing in the doorway.
You're here. You, this incredible, remarkable person... You're in my doorway. You're standing there, facing me... In my door way.


And no, that's not about any particular person, so don't get your panties in a twist.
It's just... truth.
I'm into that these days...
Ugly truths that expose weakness.
Exciting truths that, when revealed, produce wonderment and connection.
Disappointing truths that are what they are, without any hope of reconciliation.
On the other hand, I'm pretty proud of myself for that. I'm training to not give into my natural people-pleaser instincts, but instead to do what i feel is best.



This picture makes me happy. It reminds me that even in the dead of winter, there can be sunshine and happiness found.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

I really like this. I love that quote (actually I believe its a lyric?). one of my favorites.

I LUV I'!

SamanthaV said...

You are a very complex individual. And your blog is always beautiful. I love the new layout ^_^.
I get what you mean about that quote. It's like the movie American Beauty. Sometimes something small about life is just so beautiful I want to cry.

Kira said...

lies. that's about me and you know it.

ps that song is beautiful. not a big fan of the mountain goats, but that song is beautiful in its simplicity.

Cassidi Marie said...

Silly Kira... You haven't stood in my doorway since June.
But you're absolutely right. There's something so... Simplistic. Yeah.
Thanks Sammie! I've never seen American Beauty, but I've heard a quote from it that really touched me... The one about seeing a bag rolling down the street and it touching him so deeply... Yeah. Love it.
Ben, it's 'Going to Georgia' by The Mountain Goats. Not a fan of them, but something about that line just... I love it.