Saturday, August 1, 2009

The End of the Line

I've spent five years hating Show Low, hating the petty small town politics.
I hated the wind, the weather.
I hated the cliques that wouldn't let me in, or that I saw shunning other people who desperately wanted acceptance.
I hated going to the one store in the whole town and seeing at least six people I know.
I have fought it tooth and nail.

And now I'm leaving.
Sure, I'll come back and visit, but honestly? I'll have a life in the valley. A home, friends, boyfriends, new dramarama that will have nothing to do with my life here. I've seen it happen with other people, and mourned like I didn't know I could. Now it's my turn.

It's not just letting go of a friend, or a love. It's letting go of my entire life. My family will be here, my saftey net will be here. The people I can't imagine my life without, in good ways or bad, will be here.

Anyways, here's the long and the short of it, kids:
I've set the date.

I'm moving down to the valley next Saturday.
It's soon, I know, but I'm going down a week early so I can go to a John Mellencamp, Bob Dylan, and Willie Nelson concert. I took a poll of from the important people, and they all say it's worth it.

So, to quote someone smarter- well, at least she was blonder and more eloquent- than me, if you've got something to say you'd better say it right now 'cause you don't have another day...

It's just so weird that it's all ending, ya know? I'm in a permanent state of confuddlement at the moment. Luckily for me, at least Blake is going to MCC too, so I'll have him around. :]

And seriously, if you all don't keep in touch, and call me, I will come back up and slit your throats.

Just kidding.

3 comments:

Kara said...

is there any way I'll ever see you again?

Anonymous said...

Of course you will kara! Me and Cass will come visit all the time :)
And Cass, prepare yourself for the most fun eye opening year of your life

Heather. said...

funny story:

i'll miss you.

but, um, i just wanted to say that i hope when you get to pheonix and meet all of these fabulous friends and new boyfriends and begin the whole new life, that you like it better than this one.
that sounds weird, but do you get what i'm trying to say?
you have a chance to just start new, and i want you to take advantage of it.
i want you to be happy.
that's all.