Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Milestone

So I don't think anyone even reads this anymore, but today was a big day, and I think it deserves to be commemorated.
Today I finished my final class in my first semester of college.
As in that's it. I'm officially done. The end of the beginning.
I'm a little bit in shock, I think. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it feels big to me. I can't pretend I'm a kid anymore, I've got a semester of college under my belt.
It just feels surreal, ya know? Like, I've been building up to this for my entire life, and what do I have to show for it? I'm in college. I flunked math, and got A's in english and Anthropology. Math is a whole nother story, but I can honestly say that I put tons of effort into that class, and that sometimes it's not up to you.
So I'm in college, I've made a few friends, and I really think I've grown up some. Well, I'd probably better say that I just know that I've changed alot, I hope it's changing in the right direction. I've made a couple good friends at college, a few forever friends have stayed on board since high school. I'm learning I'm not as much of a social butterfly as I thought.
I also haven't dated anyone in nearly a year, and I'm really proud of myself. Someone once said that the most important thing you could learn is how to be alone, how to be happy with yourself without needing others to validate you, or without defining yourself by the person you're in a relationship with. I'm almost there. Doesn't mean I'm going to go throw myself at the first person who comes by, though. I still think it's gonna take a Superman to sweet me off my feet. (Preferably one that's not Tom Welling, because that guy is a JERK.)
I think I can pretty much sum my life up with this song. So I'll leave you with this, my favorite song of the... Ya know, life. Crazy Circles, by Bad Company:



Life is like a merry go round painted horses riding up and down
Music takes you and you're gone again, crazy circles never seem to end

Oh I will face the sun, leavin shadows for behind
And together we'll go on through time oh yeah

Life is like a game of chance: Some find riches and some romance, some find happiness and some find sorrow, some find it today and some maybe tomorrow

Oh I will face the sun, leavin shadows for behind
And together we'll go on through time oh yeah

Life is like a carousel you aim for heaven, and you wind up in hell
To all the world you're livin like a king
But you're just a puppet on a broken string

Oh I will face the sun leavin shadows for behind
And together we'll go on through time oh yeah

Life is like mm and the life is like mm
Crazy circles goin round and round
Crazy circles round and round and
One day you're up and the next day you're down
Life is like a merry go round

1 comment:

Amy Say's said...

I still read love... possibly not often enough, but I do! I have to say asking what's new is so much better in person! Just Saying :-) A semester down in college is a big deal. If counts for anything I am super proud of you. It is further than I got, and we all know you are taller and smarter than I so according to that logic you will be a super success in anything you set out to do! Amy Says!